Tag Archives: licence
Tagged licence, Vsphere 5.0
- vSphere 5.0 licensing model is per processor (CPU) with pooled vRAM entitlements.
- Removes two physical constraints (core and physical RAM), replacing them with a single virtual entitlement (vRAM).
- No limit on CPU cores, now licenced only on physical socket of the processor on host
- No caps on physical memory on ESX host
- No Advanced edition. Existing advanced edition licences will be upgraded to Enterprise edition
- Charge for Virtual Memory configured to each hypervisor (VRAM/ Memory Tax)
- Available and consumed vRAM capacity can be monitored and managed using the licensing management module of VMware vCenter Server.
- Hard limit on vRAM pool with VMware vSphere Essentials and Essentials plus. With all other editions, if a limit has been reached, admins can carry provisioning VM’s but will get alerts. .
- Total vRAM capacity of Essentials and Essentials Plus kits cannot be extended.
- Customers can create reports and set up alerts to obtain automated notification of when the level of vRAM consumption surpasses a specified level of the available pooled capacity